[tor-talk] Grey Borders / Viewbox in tor

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Wed Nov 6 07:26:09 UTC 2019

On Tue, 05 Nov 2019 12:34:39 +0000, Jan wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm using tor browser 9.0. Recently (since the last update?) a grey
> border appears when maximising the window.

Or when resizing to anything that is not a multiple of 100px in either
dimension, 200px when over 1600px.

Try with this: https://apk.li/ws (static page, displays windows.outer
and .inner sizes, obviously requires javascript).

> That's a bit annoying, since a fair share of my screen is not used for
> displaying the web page.

It indeed is on my laptop where I lose more that 10% of screen estate,
and it's not big to begin with.

It's also annoying on the big screen when you work with night mode
pages in fullscreen, and get a big glaring border around that.
(Or youtube, for that matter.)

And in my case, a size of 1800x1800 stands out exactly as much as
1920 x 1857 (maximized firefox) - the anonymity seems to be
basically the same.

> Is there a way to disable this border?

I didn't find anything in about:config.

Would be help a lot, even if only in about:config - there are many pages
where I care for location anonymity, but they know me anyway (login).

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>