[tor-talk] Status of Torrent on Onion in 2019

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) - lists lists at infosecurity.ch
Tue Jan 1 12:27:43 UTC 2019

Hi all,

i'm supporting with some technical analysis a volounteer-non-profit
collaborative torrent forum/site with their future-looking upgrades of
infrastructure.

I would love them to bring all their public forum and public tracker on
Onion, while exporting their +160k releases database as open-data so
that Torrent Search sites and Torrent Software with incorporated Torrent
Search could use it.

My question is about the status of uses of Torrent on Onion, not for
"content downloading" but for index tracking:

- Are there stable / long term Torrent Trackers running on Onion Addresses?

- How many Torrent Software natively do support Tor and Onion Addresses,
only for Trackers (not for content-download-upload-exchange)?

-naif