[tor-talk] Strange Vanguards behavior? And some related questions!

hikki at Safe-mail.net hikki at Safe-mail.net
Sat Dec 21 10:00:25 UTC 2019

I tried the Vanguards add-on, with all settings set to default.

Question 1:

But the first time I started tor with this add-on enabled, it connected to no
less than 21 entry nodes! Most of these connections died out after a certain
amount of time. But still, is this normal behavior?

Question 2:

If you limit the the `circ_max_megabytes` option in the Bandguards module,
will that work as some kind of DoS protection?

Question 3:

When, approximately, will we see the Vanguards add-on in the Tor source?

Thanks in advance,
Hikki
Greetings from Finland!