[tor-talk] Mozilla Research Grants 2019H1 - "Super Private Browsing"

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sun Apr 28 01:28:55 UTC 2019

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 11:22:00PM +0000, nusenu wrote:
> https://mozilla-research.forms.fm/mozilla-research-grants-2019h1/forms/6510
>
> > RQ12: Privacy & Security for Firefox
>
> > Mozilla has an interest in
> > potentially integrating more of Tor into Firefox, for the purposes of
> > providing a Super Private Browsing (SPB) mode for our users.

Great find, nusenu.

It looks like they want to fund university research groups with $25k of
gift money (i.e. no university overhead). This is great.

I'm going to mail Jofish and ask him how we can best help them end up
with the best proposals -- whether we should mostly help in terms of
helping research groups craft their proposals, or mostly help in terms
of advising Mozilla on which proposals will have the biggest impact, or
some combination of both (while avoiding conflict-of-interest problems).

With luck, we'll start shouting about this from the blog and the
twitters soon.

Woo,
--Roger