[tor-talk] alt-svc supported by TBB

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Fri Sep 21 13:06:57 UTC 2018

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 12:38:56 +0000, Dave Warren wrote:
> >Using the test page at https://perfectoid.space/test.php I get either
> >red or yellow exclusively, no amount of refreshing and/or changing
> >circuits seems to get green which confirms my own testing on a site I
> >operate that is participating in the beta.
>
> I've been monkeying around a bit, and I can sometimes get this to work,
> but very infrequently.

It works some of the time. One point: On first load the page
cannot be green - you need one round to fetch the alt-svc
header before you can actually go and use that.

But then it would be helpful if the site showed how it comes
to the conclusion of a color - it seems I'm getting a lot of
red in spite of obviously using tor. (Looks like it is relying
on cloudflare's judgement via IPCOUNTRY.)

Once yellow after a 'new circuit' the reload gives a green page.

Also bad: Firefox doesn't seem to show whether the alt-svc
was used for a request.

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."