[tor-talk] TBB 8 GUI changes

Joe joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sat Sep 8 07:00:12 UTC 2018

In Tor Browser 8 - Linux, I guess Tor Browser never uses the selected
theme's colors (in Linux Preferences - Themes), modifying scrollbars and
sliders (or thumbs, in Windows)?

TBB appears to use
"~/.torbrowser/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/gtk2/libmozgtk.so" for some of
its GUI effects.
It isn't an editable file.

Will TBB recognize a custom gtk2/gtkrc GUI control file, if you place it
in the gtk2 folder?
I assume TBB uses only gtk2 to control the GUI, not gtk3?

Or is a userChrome.css file in the chrome folder the only way to alter
the GUI?

In Linux, TBB never has picked up the selected system theme's colors or
modifications, which always have a gtk2/gtkrc file.