[tor-talk] [RELEASE] Torsocks 2.3.0

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Mon Nov 19 15:55:49 UTC 2018

Hello everyone!

Been a long time since a torsocks release! Many fixes went into this new
version which all came from volunteers so huge thanks to you all for this
work! ChangeLog below for this version.

Please, let me know about any issues! I can't build on all systems so anyone
testing this on Mac or/and BSD* would be great! We'll do a 2.3.1 release if
anything comes up.

2018-11-19 torsocks 2.3.0
  * Fix a bunch of stuff in the wrapper script, #24967
  * gethostbyaddr_r: always assign result
  * log: Remove log line when logging is stopped
  * gethostbyaddr_r: Don't put garbage in data->hostname
  * gethostbyaddr_r: Populate h_addrtype field
  * log: Avoid crash or file corruption when closing logs
  * connect: Always pass .onion IP cookie to connection object
  * Merge remote-tracking branch 'yawning/bug23715'
  * Make torsocks always connect to the configured Tor port
  * test: Make getpeername test connect to moria1
  * socks5: Always use ATYP 0x03 for CONNECT command
  * Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master'
  * doc: Clarify the libc limitation in README
  * accept4: Initialize libc symbol early
  * Bug 23715: Support memfd_create(2).
  * test: Detect if tor is running in test_fd_passing
  * No tab in the README
  * Merge remote-tracking branch 'debian/bugfix/typo-subsytem'
  * Merge remote-tracking branch 'debian/bugfix/typo-catched'
  * Merge remote-tracking branch 'debian/bugfix/typo-conect'
  * doc: Add autogen.sh step to README
  * Add a -q/--quiet to torsocks
  * tests: Add a check for a running Tor
  * Make cpp conditional for definition of handle_mmap match use
  * utils: Add useful function for later use
  * man: Some words were missing
  * Remove clang warnings
  * Add missing quotes to variable in torsocks.in
  * Fix check_addr() to return either 0 or 1
  * Ignore stderr for getcap command
  * syscall: Add seccomp, gettimeofday, clock_gettime, fork
  * Fix typo: conect → connect.
  * Fix typo: subsytem → subsystem.
  * Fix typo: catched → caught.

Git: https://gitweb.torproject.org/torsocks.git

Tarball: https://people.torproject.org/~dgoulet/torsocks/torsocks-2.3.0.tar.xz
(sig: https://people.torproject.org/~dgoulet/torsocks/torsocks-2.3.0.tar.xz.asc)

Cheers!
David

--
WiF7kGLc3KVl6aojs/i1iaeV3ElhHGWO4vmy2bqLS9E=