[tor-talk] starting tor using systemd, readiness issue

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue May 22 04:25:53 UTC 2018

On 10-05-18 11:34, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Of course without systemd things work better: I can start tor from the
> commandline without problems.

That issue was fixed but the same box shows stuff like this in the messages:

systemd[1]: tor-master.service: Unit cannot be reloaded because it is
inactive.

About every 24 hours.

Why is systemd reloading service files? (units?) (normally, after edits,
one has to manually do a daemon-reload (!) (not just a re-read of one
service)
Why is it doing something with a disabled service?
Why does it have to complain about that?

Or should I simply remove all references to tor-master.service from
tor.service?

Kind regards,
Udo