[tor-talk] PGP fiddly-diddly - action required

Sydney sydney at riseup.net
Wed May 16 11:31:44 UTC 2018

> On 16 May 2018, at 6:34 pm, Lara <lara.tor at emails.veryspeedy.net> wrote:
>
>> So now everyone would be able to read all of may emails.
>
> I doubt even EFF would have written such a thing.

The EFF website still has the following, which you actively chose to ignore:

“...and temporarily stop sending and especially reading PGP-encrypted email.”

This could easily be interpreted — especially by someone that doesn’t natively speak English — that PGP is not safe.

This is how I initially read the article.

I agree with ProtonMail when they said: “We agree that the @EFF warning is overblown and disproportionate... we think that stories claiming "PGP is vulnerable" are inaccurate.” (https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/8jabm6/pgp_is_broken/)

Sydney.