[tor-talk] Anonymity and Voip

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Thu May 10 20:01:45 UTC 2018

On 05/10/2018 01:43 AM, panoramix.druida wrote:

> [...]

It's very easy to run your own Mumble server locally as an onion
service. So that's effectively P2P, in that you need not trust any
third-party server.

However, keep in mind that VoIP is fundamentally inconsistent with
anonymity. Because voice analysis is so effective. And because it's very
hard to obfuscate voice enough to frustrate analysis. You basically need
to do voice-to-text conversion, and then text-to-voice conversion. And
once you've done voice-to-text, why bother with text-to-voice?