[tor-talk] starting tor with the default service file...

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Mon Mar 12 16:41:00 UTC 2018

Udo van den Heuvel:

>>> That service file needs the same capabilities addition...
>>
>> If you want, I can look into this but I will need some more information:
>> * how do you install tor from what source (dnf install tor?)
>
> I used the tor-0.3.2.10 source from the torproject site.
> I sued the spec and assorted source files from the src.rpm.
> I changed the user/group to _tor and built the rpm, then installed.
>
>> * what version do you use
>
> See above.
>
>> * your torrc configuration file
>
> Basic non-exit config, not even a hidden service.

Hello Udo,

your logs hint towards non-"basic" configuration items (i.e. extended OR).

Maybe it is best to ask what you are trying to achieve.

If you want to setup a simple non-exit tor relay on Fedora, the easiest
way to achieve that would be to follow these steps:
https://torproject.org/relay-guide#Fedora

This will not give you tor 0.3.2.10, but 0.3.1.10 will land soon:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-18a0cf206b

--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
twitter: @nusenu_