[tor-talk] Tor 0.3.4.4-rc is released
nickm at torproject.org
Mon Jul 9 19:26:28 UTC 2018
There's a new Tor release candidate! Because it's not a stable
release yet, you should only run it if you're ready to find bugs and
report them on trac.torproject.org.
The source code is available from the usual place on
www.torproject.org; if you build Tor from source, why not give it a
try? And if you don't build Tor from source, packages should be ready
over the coming days, with a Tor Browser alpha release likely by the
end of the month.
Here's what's new:
Changes in version 0.3.4.4-rc - 2018-07-09
Tor 0.3.4.4-rc fixes several small compilation, portability, and
correctness issues in previous versions of Tor. This version is a
release candidate: if no serious bugs are found, we expect that the
stable 0.3.4 release will be (almost) the same as this release.
o Minor features (compilation):
- When building Tor, prefer to use Python 3 over Python 2, and more
recent (contemplated) versions over older ones. Closes
o Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the July 3 2018 Maxmind GeoLite2
Country database. Closes ticket 26674.
o Minor features (Rust, portability):
- Rust cross-compilation is now supported. Closes ticket 25895.
o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Fix a compilation warning on some versions of GCC when building
code that calls routerinfo_get_my_routerinfo() twice, assuming
that the second call will succeed if the first one did. Fixes bug
26269; bugfix on 0.2.8.2-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (control port):
- Report the port correctly when a port is configured to bind to
"auto". Fixes bug 26568; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
- Handle the HSADDRESS= argument to the HSPOST command properly.
(Previously, this argument was misparsed and thus ignored.) Fixes
bug 26523; bugfix on 0.3.3.1-alpha. Patch by "akwizgran".
o Minor bugfixes (correctness, flow control):
- Upon receiving a stream-level SENDME cell, verify that our window
has not grown too large. Fixes bug 26214; bugfix on svn
o Minor bugfixes (memory, correctness):
- Fix a number of small memory leaks identified by coverity. Fixes
bug 26467; bugfix on numerous Tor versions.
o Minor bugfixes (testing, compatibility):
- When running the hs_ntor_ref.py test, make sure only to pass
strings (rather than "bytes" objects) to the Python subprocess
module. Python 3 on Windows seems to require this. Fixes bug
26535; bugfix on 0.3.1.1-alpha.
- When running the ntor_ref.py test, make sure only to pass strings
(rather than "bytes" objects) to the Python subprocess module.
Python 3 on Windows seems to require this. Fixes bug 26535; bugfix
More information about the tor-talk