[tor-talk] torsocks dont find curl program

Alexander Færøy ahf at torproject.org
Tue Jan 23 00:41:47 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 11:18:04PM +0000, intmail01 at gmail.com wrote:
> I open the script torsocks with editor and at given lines it contains:
> local app_path="`which $1`"
> local getcap="`PATH="$PATH:/usr/sbin:/sbin" which getcap`"
>
> Tor server allready work in background and listen to port 9050.
> Please tell me how to correct the error.

Hello.

I think this might be a bug. Could you try replacing the two calls to
the non-portable "which" command with "command -v". The two lines you
mentioned should look like this afterwards:

    local app_path="`command -v $1`"
    local getcap="`PATH="$PATH:/usr/sbin:/sbin" command -v getcap`"

Please report back if this works and we will get a patch into torsocks
to fix the issue for other people with a system that lacks the which
command :-)

Cheers,
Alex.

--