[tor-talk] random onion non-reachability

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Fri Jan 5 08:36:51 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I keep noticing a phenomenon regarding onion sites reachability.
Every now and then some onion site becomes unreachable from
a given tor browser instance while continuing to be reachable
from others. After a few days it becomes reachable again from
that instance as well. Happens with different onion services
and different browser instances (it's not always the same
service or instance involved).

Any idea what causes this? Random outage of rendevous points?

(The onion sites I observe this with are raspberries,
partially behind a NAT, under my control.)

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>