[tor-talk] Tor browser error message

MFP mfp at sprachwerkstatt.com
Thu Feb 22 15:24:55 UTC 2018

1. click on Start Tor Browser icon (shortcut) on desktop => Wlcome To Tor Browser appears and You are now free to browse the Internet anonymously.
2. click on Test Tor Network Settings => error message appears (Sec. Conn Failed and also 'The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.' plus 'The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.' and 'Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.'

At the bottom in a status line connecting to and connected to check.torproject.org toggels quickly followed by 'Try again'. This however, does not change anything - the procedure repeats avery time.

In the URL window (info icon) appears: 'Check.Torproject.Org' 'Connection is not secure' and PERMISSIONS says 'You have not granted this site any special permissions.'

>From there I cannot access any page or whatsoever.

Does this info help?

Regards

mfp