[tor-talk] TOR

Wanderingnet wanderingnet at protonmail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:49:50 UTC 2018

The profile in question refers to the default Firefox browser profile (in TBB this is in TorBrowser/Data/Browser/profile.default. It may be that if files here are altered, Tor will report the profile as unloadable. Redownload the Browser, or reunpack it from compressed file, and rerun. If the file you downloaded is corrupted, it should show with the checksum or gnupg signature check fail.
If the problem is occuring with the Tor Launcher as part of a package installed tor setup, you will have to redownload the Browser through the Launcher. I assume the easiest way to do this is to apt-get remove tor and the browser and then reinstall and try again.
Not that the TBB cannot be altered - it can. But some things seem to cause this error and I have seen it myself when fiddling with the TBB profile.

​Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.

​