[tor-talk] AORTA - others tried it?

alen.alen at powdermail.com alen.alen at powdermail.com
Fri Feb 2 00:20:35 UTC 2018

I ran across AORTA as a potentially improved replacement for Torsocks.

https://hoevenstein.nl/aorta-a-transparent-tor-proxy-for-linux-programs

Note to the author of AORTA (Rob van der Hoeven), I've had AORTA to
work on CentOS 7 which shows a kernel version 3.10 but RedHat often
backports lots of features into older versioned software. This might
be worth noting on the webpage.

**Did anyone else check out AORTA or review its code? Not so much a
coder here, I would like to listen to community response/review of
this tool.

I had one (chroot?) situation it worked better than Torsocks. But the
author doesn't go into detail about his technique of Torification vs.
Torsocks. How does it work? Why is it supposed to work under more
situations?

Also wonder, what exactly the software does when testing if "Tor
handles all Internet traffic"? Is it necessary, what are the
consequences of using -c to disable the test?