[tor-talk] Tor official list of new .onion addresses?

Nathaniel Suchy me at lunorian.is
Mon Dec 3 20:01:47 UTC 2018

Consider the consequences of publishing the actual addresses. The number of
addresses is fine but the actual addresses should stay private for privacy
and security reasons.

I’m aware there are crawers looking for new services to show however if the
address is kept private only rouge HSDIRs are an issue and we can always
generate new addresses and delete the old keys.

I am running some Onion Services for SSH (clearnet disabled, you’ll need to
be physically present if Tor has an issue!) and while I require SSH Keys
it’d open a huge attack surface I’m  trying to avoid. It’s basicaly an
attempt at security by really advanced obscurity.

Cordially,
Nathaniel Suchy