[tor-talk] Tor 0.3.4.6-rc is released
nickm at torproject.org
Wed Aug 8 00:09:10 UTC 2018
There's a new Tor release candidate! Because it's not a stable
release yet, you should only run it if you're ready to find bugs and
report them on trac.torproject.org.
The source code is available from the usual place on
https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html; if you build Tor
from source, why not give it a try? And if you don't build Tor from
source, packages should be ready over the coming days, with a Tor
Browser alpha release likely by some time next month.
Here's what's new:
Changes in version 0.3.4.6-rc - 2018-08-06
Tor 0.3.4.6-rc fixes several small compilation, portability, and
correctness issues in previous versions of Tor. This version is a
release candidate: if no serious bugs are found, we expect that the
stable 0.3.4 release will be (almost) the same as this release.
o Major bugfixes (event scheduler):
- When we enable a periodic event, schedule it in the event loop
rather than running it immediately. Previously, we would re-run
periodic events immediately in the middle of (for example)
changing our options, with unpredictable effects. Fixes bug 27003;
bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
o Minor features (compilation):
- When building Tor, prefer to use Python 3 over Python 2, and more
recent (contemplated) versions over older ones. Closes
o Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the July 3 2018 Maxmind GeoLite2
Country database. Closes ticket 26674.
o Minor features (Rust, portability):
- Rust cross-compilation is now supported. Closes ticket 25895.
o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Fix a compilation warning on some versions of GCC when building
code that calls routerinfo_get_my_routerinfo() twice, assuming
that the second call will succeed if the first one did. Fixes bug
26269; bugfix on 0.2.8.2-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (controller):
- Report the port correctly when a port is configured to bind to
"auto". Fixes bug 26568; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
- Parse the "HSADDRESS=" parameter in HSPOST commands properly.
Previously, it was misparsed and ignored. Fixes bug 26523; bugfix
on 0.3.3.1-alpha. Patch by "akwizgran".
o Minor bugfixes (correctness, flow control):
- Upon receiving a stream-level SENDME cell, verify that our window
has not grown too large. Fixes bug 26214; bugfix on svn
o Minor bugfixes (memory, correctness):
- Fix a number of small memory leaks identified by coverity. Fixes
bug 26467; bugfix on numerous Tor versions.
o Minor bugfixes (portability):
- Avoid a compilation error in test_bwmgt.c on Solaris 10. Fixes bug
26994; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (testing, compatibility):
- When running the ntor_ref.py and hs_ntor_ref.py tests, make sure
only to pass strings (rather than "bytes" objects) to the Python
subprocess module. Python 3 on Windows seems to require this.
Fixes bug 26535; bugfix on 0.2.5.5-alpha (for ntor_ref.py) and
0.3.1.1-alpha (for hs_ntor_ref.py).
More information about the tor-talk