[tor-talk] BSD + Tor [was: obfs4proxy / 1024]

thelamalurker thelamalurker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:36:52 UTC 2018

On 13/04/18 19:20, George wrote:
> It doesn't seem consistently blocked from my angle. I can access over
> Tor, even without javascript enabled, but on occasion it is blocked.
> It's possible there's dynamic blocking of specific exits.
It has always been blocked everytime I have tried over the years.

> But quite honestly, we should all figure out how to directly convince
> www providers that they shouldn't block all Tor. Expressing it here does
> little.
Dude started a thread specifically to shill FreeBSD to Tor users. At the
very least it seems appropriate to point out that the FreeBSD project
doesn't seem to particularly like Tor.

More optimistically I was hoping that if the original poster is actually
involved with FreeBSD he might be shamed into talking to the folks
responsible and attempt to get it fixed.

For what it's worth I did really like this talk from BSDCan 2016 about
improving on the Tor+Linux monoculture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeQWET79t_Y