[tor-talk] How to find trust nodes?

krishna e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Thu Sep 28 16:22:03 UTC 2017

There can be no guarantees - all software has bugs.  However Tor Project
people are making best efforts to help users get anonymity and security.
 https://blog.torproject.org/tor-social-contract

TorBrowser cannot protect you against exit relay operators who sniff the
contents of traffic.  You must ensure that URLS of sites you go to start
with HTTPS so that the connections are encrypted.

Tor Project tries to find bad relays:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ReportingBadRelays

Note that governments have legitimate uses for Tor and therefore they
have motivation to run well-configured nodes.  See the list of "Who Uses
Tor?" on the home page https://www.torproject.org/