[tor-talk] Need a stable .onion address hosted by the Tor project.

x9p tor at x9p.org
Wed Oct 25 14:40:13 UTC 2017

> Hm. That's not really true. An onion service should work regardless of
> where it's hosted and that's the whole point (to provide
> location-anonymity). If you had to use a different onion address based
> on where it's hosted, then better stick to good ol' regular TCP/IP
> load-balancing.
>
> "Latency problems, AS problems and circuit congestion" should not be
> influenced too much by where the onion service is hosted. After all,
> you
> have a 6 hop circuit to the onion service regardless of where it's
> hosted, and that big circuit is probably the source of any issues.

My point is, even google, AWS or facebook have some routing/datacenter
issues, from time to time (the most recent some days ago with google DNS
routing). So, choose 3 different HS hosted in different AS/datacenters
and test them in round-robin.

But as nusenu already pointed out, maybe a better idea is to just test
the exit node.

@Rob

Interesting stuff, "KERNEL MAGIC" instead of LD_PRELOAD. Wish you
success. Please keep us posted.

cheers.

x9p