[tor-talk] Need a stable .onion address hosted by the Tor project.

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Wed Oct 25 13:27:00 UTC 2017

Rob van der Hoeven:
> I'm currently working on a small Linux utility that does single-program
> transparent proxying. My utility tests if Tor handles all Internet
> traffic by requesting an .onion address. If the address gets resolved,
> and if a HTTP HEAD request to the resolved address gets a response,
> it's assumed that all Internet traffic is routed through Tor.

Isn't it better to check if your are exiting from an exit IP? (or how do
you authenticate the response?)

Isn't it a bad idea to potentially cause a DNS request everytime you
start that utility?

Either way it is probably very noisy having that check by default.

--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
twitter: @nusenu_