[tor-talk] Need a stable .onion address hosted by the Tor project.

Rob van der Hoeven robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl
Wed Oct 25 13:07:42 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-10-25 at 08:50 -0400, Allen wrote:
> As long as you keep the tor processing running on your web server,
> the
> response should be relatively quick. If you shutdown the tor process
> on your web server and then restart it, it might take a few minutes
> for machines on the tor network to find your server again. You can
> restart the http server, but don't restart the tor process.  The
> onion
> address has nothing to do with the response time.

My program is supporting Tor clients, not servers. A program started by
my program will have its TCP traffic routed through the Tor network. No
special Tor-configuration needed...

Some examples:

    myprogram firefox https://check.torproject.org
    myprogram chromium expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion
    myprogram -t w3m expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion
    myprogram -t git clone http://dccbbv6cooddgcrq.onion/tor.git
    myprogram bash

Rob.