[tor-talk] Tor in Russia, blocked from Nov 1st?

Jonathan Marquardt mail at parckwart.de
Mon Oct 16 21:34:16 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 11:16:45PM +0300, xxx wrote:
> Seems that TOR will be blocked from Nov 1st in Russia. Any info on this? In
> such a case, will it be possible to use Tor through "bridges"?

It is likely that at the very least meek would work in such a scenario. obfs4
bridges probably work as well, I think.

I'd recommend to download Tor Browser and any other stuff you might need in
advance, just as I do before I travel to a foreign country (or just plan to
stay at a hotel with potentially censoring Wi-Fi hotspots).