[tor-talk] Why Tor can't load on my Linux?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 17:38:23 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Jason Long <hack3rcon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello.I'm using Debian 8.9 x64 and when I open Tor browser then it can't work. Tor Logs are:
> 10/08/2017 18:49:03.900 [NOTICE] DisableNetwork is set. Tor will not make or accept non-control network connections. Shutting down all existing connections.
> 10/08/2017 18:49:10.700 [WARN] Proxy Client: unable to connect
> I'm using "obfs4".

Seems like either unset/remove "DisableNetwork" in your torrc,
or remove all tor and tor browser from your system
and reinstall their current version, and if possible, temporarily skip
using obfs4 to test without it, unless you need it.
If you can't "telnet <some_popular_website> 80",
and get a connection, then either you have some firewall
or censor issues in your way.