[tor-talk] BitPay seems to be rejecting payments via Tor

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 06:38:21 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
> it arguably ought to be a private VPN.

Run by relay operators was the general idea, a bit more spine,
and more flexible setup. But certainly not restricted to that.

> Problematic is limited IPv4 resource. I wonder if there's some way to do
> ephemeral routable IPv6. I mean, why do proxies need addresses that last
> more than a day? Why not give every circuit a different IPv6?

Some streams last more than a day, some apps are resumable,
but breaking the tuple and forcing a reneg or getexitbridges
more than once a day will seriously piss users off.
Millions of circuits worth of v6 a day also happen.
But yes you could get and SWIP a v6 /whatever worth
and throw them once a week or whatever your get and use
model for users rationally permits. Once a week is 52.
One per requestor, spread across all exits, probably possible.
v6 are unlimited but hosters probably still charge like gold for them.
Some operators should try it and see.