[tor-talk] BitPay seems to be rejecting payments via Tor

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 20:28:38 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
> And what are possible workarounds?
> Maybe specify exits with unlisted IPs.
> It's too bad that Tor doesn't have exit bridges ;)

Tor's operators can provide this in three ways...
1) Operators setting different OutboundBindAddress.
2) Operators tunneling out via some VPN, NAT, etc.
3) Operators providing full OpenVPN termination / binding services
for users, as I've described previously.

However, since Tor Project Inc insists on developing, operating, and
providing tools to the world that make labeling and blocking tor
users easy, such as TorDNSEL service, there are some odds there.

TPI says the tools help provide positive options to include tor users,
but fails to provide links on that service page to research or case
studies that back that up (regardless if TPI or third party BL service)
in any appreciable ratio or notable cases against the continual reports
that blocking seems to be the prevailing situation.
That research is an available project if someone wants to study it.

See also
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2017-February/042939.html