[tor-talk] BitPay seems to be rejecting payments via Tor

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Fri Mar 17 10:01:11 UTC 2017

I've checked a few VPN and VPS providers that use BitPay, and payments
are being rejected. No CAPTCHA, just a message to check with the
provider. I've heard similar reports from others.

What to do? If anyone has contacts at BitPay, please use them. And what
are possible workarounds? Maybe specify exits with unlisted IPs. It's
too bad that Tor doesn't have exit bridges ;) I'll probably end up
routing a free VPN service through Tor.

Longer term, what Tor-friendly Bitcoin/altcoin payment processors can we
recommend to service providers?