[tor-talk] A Pluggable Transport based on i2p?

Lolint lolint at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 15 21:57:44 UTC 2017

> That said, one of the side effects of making a successful i2p pluggable
transport would be that censors would have more incentive to censor
i2p connections.

I think that's a very important point, especially since the i2p team doesn't have enough
funding, and censorship resistance is not their highest priority at the moment.

> Speaking of which, I have no idea if i2p connections
right now are hard or easy to DPI for.

Me neither, but I do know from their roadmap that they're working on integrating obfs4 to
i2p as a plugin to work as a pluggable transport which should at least make it harder for
DPIs to detect (see 0.9.3.0 ) https://geti2p.net/en/get-involved/roadmap