[tor-talk] Can I use twitter with torbrowser?

goody2shoes goody2shoes at resist.ca
Sat Mar 11 16:49:44 UTC 2017

On 03/11/2017 04:04 AM, Mirimir wrote:
> On 03/11/2017 02:48 AM, otto at openmailboxbeta.com wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I've a twitter account. It is registered with a phone number which I no longer have access to.
>>
>> Will twitter require phone verification if I login via torbrowser?
>> (In which case I would likely loose access to my account since I no longer have that number and I do not want to give them another number)
> Yes, that will probably kill the account for you.
>
>> thanks,
>> Otto

I check into twitter on Torbrowser. They ask you to verify your phone
number as a security measure but do not send a verification txt to the
phone. IOW, they don't care, at least for this purpose, if the number is
yours, or active. Also there's been no (visible) effect on my account
from using torbrowser to access twitter.

G2s