[tor-talk] Fwd: Shadow with Tor anonymity proofing

Suhaib Mbarak suhaib.omari at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 08:02:15 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Suhaib Mbarak <suhaib.omari at gmail.com>
Date: 6 June 2017 at 02:51
Subject: Fwd: Shadow with Tor anonymity proofing
To: tor-talk at lists.torproject.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Suhaib Mbarak <suhaib.omari at gmail.com>
Date: 6 June 2017 at 02:43
To: tor-talk at lists.torproject.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Suhaib Mbarak <suhaib.omari at gmail.com>
Date: 4 June 2017 at 05:54
Subject: Shadow with Tor anonymity proofing
To: shadow-support at cs.umn.edu

Dear All;

I'm a master student in computer science and I have a task from my
professor to know more about Tor networks and how it works to  anonymise the
traffic. I've read a lot about Tor and I got a very good idea about it. My
task goal is to show how Tor works and to proof that it relay anonymise user
traffic. In other word, I need to make something deliverable (e.g lab
experiment) to the student if they follow my steps then I can confess them
with :

1- That Tor route from client to server can't be traced.

2- How that each relay in tor circuit can only know the predecessor and
successor (e.g to print the packets info to show the the source and
destination IPs are something other than the client and server        IPs).

3-  to see if the Tor routes can be traced (we need to find a way to trace
it), how the packets are processed at each node along the routes. This will
help us and learners figure out how the Tor uses the        "onion"
concepts to hide the route info.

I've installed Shadow + Tor plugin to my ubuntu 16.04 and I run the tor
minimal tor example. I got the results . Is it possible to show the above
things from the result I got from shadow and your used plug-in??

Notes: My mother tongue is not English , so apologize if I did any mistake
in my email.
          I did my best before sending this Email, but since I have a dead
line and the due date is getting soon and soon Im asking for your help.

Your cooperation and help will be extremely appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Suhaib Mbarak