[tor-talk] Tor Browsers - problem with sequencial runs

Katya Titov kattitov at yandex.com
Sat Jul 22 22:17:07 UTC 2017

J B:
> I have both TB 7.0.2 and TB 7.5a2 installed separately (different
> dirs) - they are
> fully different apps.
> I do NOT run them in parallel as that would normally cause a problem.
> But I do sometimes run them one after another by starting and closing
> e.g. TB TB 7.5a2 and after a few hours trying to start start 7.0.2
> which then reports an error due to being unable to connect to Tor
> (when I quit and restart, sometimes twice, I am
> able to connect, but have to "CONNECT"-configure as if on first run
> after installation).
> I do not have any related custom configurations.
> I think I should be able to do it - these browser runs are
> independent and should not know about each other (presumably thru
> some run-related uninitialized data structures).

Not sure if this is related, but I occasionally see that TBB doesn't
completely exit when I close it down (running on Linux).

Doesn't seem to matter whether I close the window, File->Quit or
CTRL-Q. Also doesn't appear to depend on how long TBB has been running
or how many windows I have had open.

It does seem to depend on how many different sites I've been to, so I'm
leaning towards something going slightly haywire based on a site I'm
visiting, but have never been able to figure out what or which. I end up
using ps or lsof to find the PID and then just kill it. Has been going
on for a long time over many major releases, but I've never had enough
information to log a ticket.
--
kat