[tor-talk] TBB 6.5 screen resize not working

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Fri Jan 27 07:10:02 UTC 2017

With default settings, TBB 6.5 (Win) doesn't round screen sizes at all.
Browserspy.dk shows 993 x 695.  I see the pref
"extensions.torbutton.resize_windows" is still set false by default.
Toggling it to true gives different reported screen size, but not
increments of 100 or 200.

The pref "extensions.torbutton.resize_new_windows" = true (default), but
I don't find toggling both these prefs in any combo correctly rounds
screen size.

In TBB 6.08, when I tested setting "extensions.torbutton.resize_windows"
= true, it consistently rounded screens to 1000 x 800 on this monitor.
With that pref at default False in v6.08, reported screen height was odd
size - like 72x (x not 0).  But the width was *still 1000.*

In v6.5, neither width or height is rounded correctly, regardless of the
pref value.  What happened?  I thought 6.5 was supposed to fix screen
size rounding?