[tor-talk] Using EOTK to put clearnet websites onto onion addresses

Nurmi, Juha juha.nurmi at ahmia.fi
Thu Feb 9 04:48:49 UTC 2017

Thanks Alec!

This is very useful. Especially plain HTTP sites are unsafe because the
attacker might inject something to HTTP traffic. For some weird reason many
popular sites, like CNN in your example, are not supporting HTTPS. As a
result, exit node or someone else can inject something nasty to this
traffic. Tor user may want to see videos and interactive content of these
sites and activates JS and videos (the user trusts CNN, but does not see
the problem with HTTP).

-Juha