[tor-talk] CCC self-organised session - Tor research presentation

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Dec 29 04:40:50 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 07:39:42PM +0200, Andre Wingor wrote:
> On 12/28/17, COLLIER Ben <s1263350 at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> > initial findings from my sociological research on Tor at a self-organised
>
> so it is easy to recover all secret users of !
> good try, officer Ben

Hello angry person who fears science,

This is not a productive or helpful response here. It certainly doesn't
help other people think that this list is a productive or helpful space.

The research world has been critical for Tor, both in understanding
attacks and in helping to design a stronger system:
https://blog.torproject.org/tor-heart-pets-and-privacy-research-community

and while these social science approaches to studying Tor as a community
are not quite the same, they still don't deserve that response.

Please keep it not just civil but also productive,
--Roger