[tor-talk] company devised process to disable Intel Management Engine

InterN0T intern0t at protonmail.com
Mon Dec 11 02:01:30 UTC 2017

There have been public methods to disable Intel ME for a while now. (I don't have the links handy, but I did see both official "patches" and various other discussion threads, etc.)

I'm not sure if they workarounds are officially supported (i.e. those that disable Intel ME completely), and if they could brick your device, but there are public methods available.

Keep in mind that just because you have a laptop that uses an Intel processor, doesn't necessarily mean that you also have Intel ME enabled by default. I don't think my laptops support this feature unless I've missed something that someone can enlighten me about.

Best regards,
MaXe