[tor-talk] Comments?

Jon Tullett jon.tullett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 07:32:20 UTC 2017

On 4 August 2017 at 02:05, Paul Syverson <paul.syverson at nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 04:38:49PM -0700, Jacki M wrote:
>> Comments on Paul Syverson Proposed attack?
>> Paul Syverson - Oft Target: Tor adversary models that don't miss the mark
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGXncihWzfw
>>
> More seriously. The point of this work is not to propose attacks per se
> but to observe that a Tor adversary intending to target individuals or
> specific groups might be much more effective against those targets

Enjoyed the video - thanks Paul. It cut off before Q&A...were there
any particularly good questions from the audience?

Curious to know - at a practical level, have you actually tried any of
it in practice, or had any contact with anyone who has? I mean, do the
results in practice mirror the predictions in terms of distribution
and probability ito deanonymising potential targets?

-J