[tor-talk] (Correction) Tor Browser crash

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Apr 18 02:03:09 UTC 2017

> I don't think this is really related to this crash. I think it's not the problem of the Medium page, but it might be something wrong with NoScript's UI, but anyway it is shown in the recording.
>
> Blocked Objects -
> .    (A) Temporarily allow FONT at https://medium.com
> .    - - - - - - - - - -
> .    (S) Temporarily allow *@https://medium.com
> .    (S) Temporarily allow *@https://medium.com (https://medium.com)
> .    (A) Temporarily allow FONT at https://medium.com (https://medium.com)
> .    (A) Temporarily allow FONT at https://medium.com
> Temporarily allow all this page
> Allow Scripts Globally (dangerous)
> Options...
> About NoScript 5.0.2...
>
>> Do you have a 3840x2160 screen? I have no idea if TBB handles this - may be fine?
> Yes, I have a 3840x2160 screen. The shadow takes a while to draw on a big screen. (But it also crashes on the unfancy LXDE running on 640x480 resolution)
>
>> "Blocked objects," not "blocked scripts?" There's a difference.
> "Blocked objects" menu appears. Both scripts and fonts were blocked.

Do you have a discrete GPU card, and are you using the mfg's proprietary
drivers?  Some (like Nvidia - maybe others) have GPU problems, causing
crashes, freezes, black screens - if use Linux open source video drivers.

But, it could be a bug - some graphic function in which ever desktop
you're using (you mentioned shadows); possibly NoScript and / or TBB
can't handle it.  Have you tried temporarily disabling NS to make sure
nothing else can cause the same issue.  Though might take a while to
rule out "everything" else.  Folks in NS forum / support may already
know about it.  They're usually pretty good at looking into things.
You'll have to give full details of your OS flavor, version, etc.