[tor-talk] Problem with TOR-browser on iMac

Beach and Yoga Lover toccare1 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:52:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a new iMac and downloaded the TOR-browser without problems.

But when I try to establish a connection with the Web I get the following message:

CANNOT FIND THE PROXYSERVER

FIREFOX HAS BEEN CONFIGURED FOR USING A PROXYSERVER WHICH CAN NOT BEEN FOUND

CHECK YOUR PROXY CONFIGURATION

CHECK YOUR NETWORK =  IS OK!

IF YOUR COMPUTER OR NETWORK IS BEING PROTECTED BY A FIREWALL OR PROXY, BE SURE TO ALLOW THE TOR BROWSER ADMITTANCE TO THE WEB

I ALLOWED the FIREWALL for incoming communication with TOR browser.

Note: when I switch off the firewall, what is stupid ofcourse, I still can't establish connection with the Web.

Can anyone help me pse with this problem?

Many thanks in advance and my eternal gratitude!

Jan