[tor-talk] Tor-friendly email provider

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Mon Sep 26 16:21:32 UTC 2016

On 9/24/2016 8:26 AM, Mirimir wrote:

> On 09/24/2016 06:53 AM, Oskar Wendel wrote:
>> Joe Btfsplk:
>>
>> What is it about Riseup that you don't like? Just curious. I've
>> not used it, but most people seem to like it.
>> Riseup silently drops email with certain words in the subject. I
>> have notified them and I'm still waiting for the response.
> Really? Please share what words trigger this. And I'll test. If you
> prefer, you can email me off-list, encrypted. My key is on the SKS
> servers, and at <https://keybase.io/mirimir>.

Yes, I'd be interested in knowing if Riseup just "drops" email with
innocent trigger words or phrases, or if the messages accidentally
contained "spam like" phrases.
I've seen that with other providers.  A phrase or sentence out of
context may seem like spam to them.
My ISP used to spam filter some of its *own* important messages to me,
containing contract info on my account.