[tor-talk] Connect Tor to socks4a proxy

Allen allenpmd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 11:26:33 UTC 2016

You can open a TCP connection to the tor proxy port (by default 9050
or 9150 on the localhost), send a command string, then read the reply.
If the reply indicates a successful connection, you then send and
receive bytes from the proxy port just like it was connected to the
final end point.  The command string and reply formats are documented
at http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/packages/socks/socks4/SOCKS4.protocol