[tor-talk] getting Tor to be default browser

Mon Sep 5 06:51:18 UTC 2016

On 16-09-04 14:50:23, Dave Warren wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2016, at 13:38, No Spam wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As far as i know this would be a bad idea, but i can't exactly cite the
> > reasons from my head;
>
> While there may be cases where it's a bad idea, I'd prefer that Tor warn
> me and let me shoot myself in the foot -- I run TBB in a VM, so the
> attack surface is minimal, and I have no particular need for anonymity,
> rather, I just want privacy when I'm on someone else's last-mile, so for
> me, many of the risks that Tor helps to prevent aren't relevant.
If this is the Setting, I THINK Whonix has their VM build with TBB as
Standard Browser

> I also feel that adding legitimate traffic to Tor is a net positive to
> the network (since capacity is not currently an issue), if only to
> prevent the perception that all of Tor is evil bad people doing evil bad
> things.
Yes but the biggest Problem are Malicious Gateways that may try to
steal Credentials or put Malware in you Downloads
IMHO the best way to legitimate the Tor network would be to provide and
use HS ( which are much less prone to the previous mentioned Problem
AFAIK ).

Greets