[tor-talk] tor and BlackBerry

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Fri Oct 21 02:09:03 UTC 2016

On 10/20/2016 1:24 PM, Jason Long wrote:
> Hello.
> Tor developed for android but why not BlackBerry? BlackBerry devices based on security and why tor not developed for them?

I don't know the answer.  Maybe they developed for Android because there
are so many phones?  That reason alone doesn't mean it's a good idea.
But doesn't it seem like using Android and trying to make it anonymous /
leakproof is starting with a huge disadvantage?

If users really want anonymity, why start with Android (Google)?
It seems like the same applies to using Gmail & complaining that it
doesn't work well with Tor Browser.  Why not use another provider - that
*isn't* the world's most notorious, commercial privacy invader?

Tor devs don't use Chrome in Tor Browser - for good reason.