[tor-talk] problems faced with tor browser

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Thu Oct 20 05:55:52 UTC 2016

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 23:13:05 +0000, Jim wrote:
> You might want to give serious thought to whether you *really* want to
> access your bank anonymously.

I like location-anonymous access - my banks don't need to know
where I am right now. I'm not anonymous to them - I need to
log in anyway.

> In addition to an increased risk of a
> MITM attack already mentioned,

A very slight such - there is SSL. If not, run from your bank.

> some people (on this list but I don't
> have a citation handy) have reported having banks lock accounts in
> response to attempting to access them anonymously.

My banks per se never made problem (and why should they -
first I log in (and three failing attempts will lock up
the account (DoS anyone?)), and secondly for transactions
I also need a TAN device and my card.

Where I had trouble was with the credit card processor
once by ordering something using tor ('your IP was
from the US..', I'm in germany and ordering from a
german company).

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."