[tor-talk] Hardened Tor Browser for Windows

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Tue Oct 18 00:45:51 UTC 2016

On 10/17/2016 06:08 PM, Tamara West wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance but what exactly must happen for us to get a 64-bit
> hardened Tor Browser for Windows? Not everyone in the world is running
> Linux and not everyone can run Linux at work. I've been wondering about
> this for awhile. Any info would be appreciated. TIA.

Running Tor on Windows makes little sense, given how much activity gets
logged, and how much gets reported to Microsoft. If you must use
Windows, at least use VirtualBox and run Whonix. While there's no real
isolation from the host OS, it's better than nothing. Anyone can run
Linux at work, on their own hardware. And running Tor on employer-owned
hardware, without permission, may well get one fired.