[tor-talk] Tor and Google error / CAPTCHAs.

krishna e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Wed Oct 5 01:07:55 UTC 2016

We are already starting to see people switching away from Google for
privacy reasons and soon it will also be because of censorship
(nationstate edicts and EU "right to forget") and biasing (due to
Google's political involvement, e.g. suppressing typeaheads negative to
Clinton).  The alternative search engines do not produce results as
comprehensive as Google's but at least one of them was accessible
directly in onionspace.
Existing 3rd party spiders must be solving the CAPTCHA problem somehow
or how could they index everything?  Let's hope they keep their servers
completely uncensored and honest and independent of national
jurisdictions. I wonder if that is a project which needs (crowd?)funding
to make it viable, attractive, and sustainable.