[tor-talk] Tor and Google error / CAPTCHAs.

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 19:08:00 UTC 2016

On 3 October 2016 at 19:57, James Anslow <james at ddxor.com> wrote:

> Isn't there merit to the idea of moving as much over tor as possible so as
> to work towards dispelling the myth of tor as a network that only transmits
> questionable traffic?

Yes there is, so long as the result does not suck.

If the result sucks (significant dropped frames, spending minutes futzing
with NoScript, whatever) then the user experience will be a net negative to
Tor, because people will say "Tor can't do X" rather than that they were
not capable of doing it.

This is why (for example) I posted videos of myself streaming HD Video over
Tor, to help dispel the old myths about video over Tor:

    https://twitter.com/AlecMuffett/status/756451264121167872

Irregardless of the political and privacy issues there are also technical
> benefits to using Tor for day to day traffic.

Totally.  So many people are fixated on "anonymity" and completely ignore
the end-to-end nature of Onion addressing, for instance.

It's a fantastic enabler of high-integrity communications.

--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm