[tor-talk] Javascript exploit

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Nov 29 22:43:26 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 09:55:23PM -0000, firstwatch at sigaint.org wrote:
> This is an Javascript exploit

Thanks. I pointed some folks on irc to this mail, and Daniel Veditz
(Mozilla Security Team) said "the Firefox team was sent a copy of that
this morning. We've found the bug being used and are working on a patch."

So it sounds like the immediate next step is that Mozilla finishes their
patch for it; then the step after that is a quick Tor Browser update. And
somewhere in there people will look at the bug and see whether they
think it really does apply to Tor Browser.

--Roger