[tor-talk] Will Quantum computing be the end of Tor and all Privacy?

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Tue Nov 29 04:01:43 UTC 2016

Seth David Schoen writes:

> Notably, Google has even experimentally deployed a PQ ciphersuite
> in Chrome (that uses elliptic-curve cryptography in parallel with
> Alkim et al.'s "new hope" algorithm).
>
> https://security.googleblog.com/2016/07/experimenting-with-post-quantum.html

Coincidentally, Adam Langley just announced today that this experiment
is ending (with fairly favorable results):

https://www.imperialviolet.org/2016/11/28/cecpq1.html

Well, we don't know how favorable they were against adversarial
cryptanalysis, but they were favorable operationally.  (If you're reading
this and you do happen to know how well CECPQ1 resists adversarial
cryptanalysis, please share!)

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/